Sunday, October 08, 2006

Relationships 2

Following on from my reflection on this morning's sermon ...

Well, my parents had a disagreement about the (broken) toilet seat in the downstairs toilets. This weekend was their thirty-sixth anniversary of their meeting. I thought it was going to be the last day of their knowing each other.

Which has made me think. I remember that a friend once said to me that she was concerned that my parents (and indeed my Brother and I) argued. I still think that arguments are important as they are the basis of discussion. We are often encouraged to be peaceful in Church and I'm just not sure that is always best. I'm not saying argument for arguments are good. Yet, discussion is important and our relationships depend on them.

So, whilst my parents discussing the toilet was not a joyous moment, I suppose it is healthy.

CJGx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home