Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm all ears ...

You know it's surprising what you hear at times.

No, I'm not talking about George Osborne calling Gordon Brown 'faintly autistic' which was a stupid thing to say.

Nor am I talking about the Pope not being more careful over how he phrased things - though when you read the entire text you realise how careful he was being. (Check out http://www.catholic-ew.org.uk/cn/06/060918d.htm)

And I'm not even talking about Tony Blair's speech to the Tory Party Conference - despite it being the best political speech I have heard in a long time.

No, I'm talking about http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5399890.stm
I mean, after a period where acknowledging that racist, homo-phobic, anti-women, discriminatory language was not allowed, why is it being allowed to return? Popular culture is allowing this to return. Though I enjoy the Chris Moyles show and he is a great broadcaster, aware of, reflective of and responsive to his audience, his show (by which I mean him AND his guests) should not be allowed to drive language in this direction.

Oh sugar. I'm sounding like an old man.

And that is something surprising to hear.

Have a good day,
CJGx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home