Thursday, October 06, 2005

Waving Madly to Keep Afloat

Another entry on the Conservative Party leadership election, I hear you cry? No, despite the words of the five leading candidates over the last couple of days having suggested ways for the party not to sink in the sea of election loses, I am not referring to this.

As I have said more than once on this blog on more than one occassion, I have often felt like I am sinking, out of control on this course with a lack of experience compared to some of those around me. Well, I am slowly overcoming those feelings even if I feel nervous every time I have to go and interview someone. No, I sometimes feel like the preverbial duck who is constantly treading water but is desperately trying looking calm but the drips of sweat coming off her beak rather gives things away...

Theref0re, turned up at last night's Concert Band feeling better than I have done in a while; gradually though I felt a bit down with the quality of the music that we were acheiving. At the end of the first half, Tim encouraged me to have a go which I did. I went quite well, particularly as I had not conducted for a couple of years. The thing is that the group are of an OK quality and need to be encouraged to actually produce decent music. I just need to be confident and I hope that I can help them out without taking over or treading on someone's toes. But it looks like I may become a conductor of the University of Sheffield Concert Band. wonders will never cease.

So, me. waving arms and desperately trying not to sink. At least I do not have as much to keep up as the Conservative Party!

Happy floating,
CJG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home